Monday, March 29, 2010

My Easter Tree

I have recently been sorting through boxes and boxes of old holiday decorations and childhood keepsakes.  It has been a challenge to figure out what to keep and what to let go of.  As I was digging I came across this Easter tree.

It was one of my favorite decorations when I was a kid.  I loved setting it up and hanging all of the little Easter ornaments on it.  Unfortunately, it was showing a few signs of wear from 20+ years of existence.

I can totally relate.  

The ornaments themselves were looking a little tired...

And wonky*...

One armed rabbit anyone?  

And even a little scary...

What's up with that beak?

So, I decided to give the thing a face lift. 

I gave the bunnies a little sandy-sand...

Sorry bunnies.

Then I livened the whole thing up with a can of spring-green spray paint.

I was lucky enough to find these cool egg ornaments at Joann, but they needed a little something extra.  So naturally, I glittered them.

Now my little bunny Easter tree has been given a facelift, and looks like something out of this decade.  I am really pleased with the result.


*Hi Megan!  I think of you every time I use the word wonky!!

1 comment:

  1. Love the face lift but your bunnies are now blind. Ack! Give them some eyes, woman! ;)

    ReplyDelete